Thursday, December 3, 2009

Belated Thanksgiving Report


We had a lovely meal. My sister made the trip up from California for just the few days she could spare and it really made a difference to have her here. Same as last year we made the rolled and stuffed turkey breast. Same as last year I missed the visual of a big bird, but liked the taste and the manageable food quantity a lot better. Will's mother made basically everything else, including two fantastic pies. And she schlepped it all over to our house. Very nice.

Auntie C and Liam made the rolls.

Befitting the lateness of this report, here is a picture of the next day before everything was put away. My mother's good dishes, which I am custodian of; this is the only day of the year we use them, pretty much. A really, truly, beautiful, wonderful ,very old handmade lace tablecloth from my godmother. Pumpkin candles, I don't know what I'll do when they run out because we use them every year. Flowers, this also is the only day of the year that I bother to do anything with flowers besides drop them in a jar.

No comments: