Wednesday, April 15, 2009

La, La, La, La, La

We're all about the same. Will is still very sick and still trying to get a straight answer from the transplant clinic about what he should be doing and when he will be re-checked and whether subsequent/ongoing analysis have revealed anything beyond RSV. Liam is still wonderful in his 2-year old way. His frustration response is on a hair trigger, but he is so sweet tempered that it's hard to fault him for it. I'm super busy at work and traveling again. Today's activities included: trip to Seattle for a crappy morning in the office there; on to Wenatchee for a meeting (tonight and tomorrow); and then, the true drama figuring out how to get my taxes printed and mailed here, at 5:30 PM. (The kind lady at the hotel finally took pity on me and printed them for me on her printer.)

Grandpa DH and GG continue to save our butts every week by taking care of Liam at all hours and keeping him so very happy. And, that's the Wednesday report.

I wish I had thought to bring my camera to Wenatchee, I had forgotten how really pretty it is here!


IVF 40+ said...

Sorry to hear Will is still sick. Your attitude is amazing. Your posts have meant to so much to me over the past few weeks.
Thinking of you and your lovely family!

Deron Arnold said...

RSV pneumonia left me sick for several months.

I got it from my boys--in kids it can appear just as a mild cold; but in infants and those of us with underlying conditions, it can be really nasty.

I was hospitalized for at least 10 days and couldn't go back to work for about a month.

My PFT's dropped substantially and I began to require full-time O2.

When I first came down with it, I really thought I was dying.

One thing they did with me was to use Ribavirin. I don't know if it helped or not, but Will may want to consider it.

It's a pain to take though as it involves nebulization all night via a mask while you sleep.

Hope Will starts turning the corner and bounces back to baseline from this illness.