Friday, November 21, 2008

One Thing

I have not been as disciplined about the "one thing a day" idea as I wanted to be. This is, I think, the crutch of motherhood, partnerhood, career. . .you have numerous, ready excuses to put off self care, other relationships, and any of your own projects. So, today's one thing, I am already thinking about it here at the office as I procrastinate making the half dozen phone calls that I really must make before I leave; today's one thing will hopefully set up a whole month or more of one things. Tonight, after Liam goes to sleep (please God, let him go to sleep easily), I will finalize my handmade Christmas list and organize all the supplies. I have only a few of the handmade Christmas projects actually started and, basically, none of them done, so we're headed for desperate times if I don't get it together soon. Also, I want to get the old tee-shirts for the caps project (more on this later) out of the goodwill bag so Liam and I can make the caps tomorrow. That's my idea. We'll see how much energy I turn out to have at 8:30 tonight. I'm hopeful; acupuncture yesterday did me a world of good.

PS - I forgot to mention. Will has edited his blog with his funny take on one of Liam's favorite songs. Will has been cogitating on this song for, umm, weeks now.

No comments: