Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We're fine. . .

all fine; just a very hectic few days. I had to be up north 2 days in a row and that's always a mess because I have to leave early and it usually means I'm in the type of meetings that I have to be cleaned up and prepared for, and I get home late. On Monday, Liam and I left the house at 7:00 for a quick stop at my office to rescue the computer, then to Grandpa DH and GGs house to drop Liam off, then into traffic for me. I got to the office at 9:30, left at 4:15, had an incredibly frustrating stop at Costco to pick up a cake for today's meeting, got to Grandpa DH and GG's (late, I hate being late) at about 6:20ish, and home around 6:50ish or 7:00. (With dinner from GG; thanks! We really will forget how to cook around here.)

Liam decided to refuse his first bedtime and played and ran around until 8:20 where after an epic battle and 20 minutes of rocking, he finally went to sleep. He was up at 5:30 this morning and told me (by making the baby-sign for milk) that he was hungry and so had half a bowl of cereal, half a piece of toast, grapes and milk all before 6:00 AM. After that, it was pretty much the same schedule minus the trip to Costco. Meeting today was in the meeting rooms at REI. Man, there is a lot of really neat camping and hiking gear out in the world; a person could spend a lot of money buying that type of stuff. The meeting rooms at REI are really pretty as these sorts of things go, the cake was just fine, and Liam was asleep by 7:30 tonight. Everything is starting to wind down towards a normal schedule day tomorrow. . .thank God.

Will reports that he's still not feeling well, although he did go rowing today. (It sounds like it wasn't much fun, though.) His air compressor thing for his nebulized saline treatment melted down on Sunday, so he's working with the transplant team to try to get a prescription for a new one. And, of course, there's the whole CMV thing looming. . .hopefully when he gets blood drawn next Monday we'll find it's getting better.

PS---And I still haven't finished the tomatoes or got the Halloween lights up. Oh the hazards of starting anything these days. . ..

1 comment:

Lisa said...

dont know if this will help but Gess has a compressor that he doesn't use anymore. I don't know about cross contination issues with those sort of things.