Friday, October 3, 2008

Art Walk!

The Littlest Birds Sing the Prettiest Songs, by Mimi Williams

Our little town has an Arts Walk two times a year. For the first time in a long time this year it was raining. We went any way. At Arts Walk, I never miss Nikki McClure, who is now mildly famous, and so you've probably heard of her. I was lucky enough to buy one of her large papercuts about 10 years ago, when people with regular jobs could still afford them. See lots more of her beautiful work here. I also never miss Mimi Williams, who makes linoleum block prints that I just love. She finally has a website, here. She is selling copies of the littlest bird print (above) for almost nothing at Art Walk, so I think I'll get one for Liam's room, and I really hope that I'm not violating any copyright by including it here. Liam did okay at Arts Walk -- he was very interested in the string quartet in one of the shops, but really wanted to run around, which was impossible because it seems like all these places are just full of breakable stuff, much of it at his level (or at least damageable by him). His favorite thing besides the music was tasting blackberry pie at the pie shop. (My favorite store in town. I love, love, love that she can make a living selling pie!) Mostly, though, Liam was happy to get home and go to sleep.

No comments: