Thursday, August 5, 2010

People are sweet & you can help

I got this message (as part of a longer message) from someone I went to high school with and recently re-found on Facebook. 
"I just remembered something I wanted to tell you.  At our food Co-op, there are these jars.  If you bring your own bag, you get a bean to put in a jar.  There are various and sundry jars, each bean represents a donation the Co-op will make to whichever jar: Humane Society, Food Bank, and the like.  There's one for CF research, and A [her daughter] always always puts her beans in there.  I've told her about your family, and she wants to help."
Thank you S and A.  That does help.  Every one who raises awareness and everyone who gives towards research for a cure helps.  Everyone who brings dinner, or walks the dog, or drives to doctors appointments or the hospital, or babysits, or offers their thoughts and intentions helps.  It all helps.  Thank you.

*****************
In other news, Frank Deford (NPR sports commentator) the other day did a story in which he touched on presumed consent.  This is a policy where, upon death, people are presumed to agree to transplantation of their organs unless they have left specific instructions otherwise.  It's a good idea.  In the meantime, please register to become an organ donor and make your intentions known to your family.  That helps too. A lot.

1 comment:

Mad Hatter said...

That's a very sweet story about the bean jars - how lovely. And I have already signed my donor card. My dearest friend has kidney disease...Life is so precious. I absolutely adore your header picture of Liam on the swing! It is so beautiful. All of your photos are. Sending you lots of love and hugs.
Love,
Maddy