Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday nights are for reading


A quick picture of Will and Liam reading. This is the pre-bedtime reading. Later they have the post-bath, pre-rocking to sleep reading upstairs. Liam likes to select the books and he especially likes this bright one about, of course, cars and driving.

Aggravating night in the extreme, trying to deal with getting my flaky, flaky tenant out of the rental so the new, seems-like-he-has-his-act-together tenant can move in. This is complicated by the fact that she is not really living there any more and it seems to be inhabited mostly by her stuff (lots!) and her (illegal!) sub-tenant/lessor. I now realize that the other point of a security deposit is that it is some motivation for her to get all her c-r-a-p out of the place, since, of course, I'll keep it until she does. As it is, I was over there to do the walk through and get the key at 6 pm tonight as scheduled (with Liam!) and she was hours away from being done, stuff everywhere, all over the yard, I have no idea how it's all going to go into the already jam-packed cars. So I'll be back tomorrow morning at 8 am (with Liam!) to try again. I will not be sad to see this one go.

And then I had to work the phone to make sure the new tenant has a place to stay, since he was planning to be there tonight. A: yes, he can stay with friends and/or get the key from flaky tenant, probablly around now. This is a good outcome since for about 30 minutes there I thought I was going to have to run around like a crazy person and pick up the house and fold the 2-weeks worth of clean laundry piled on the guest bed so he wouldn't be in the street. All these kids are young, it's a college town, and they don't have the money to keep a place for half a month just so they can have a slow, easy paced move.

Will had a very high fever this AM and most of the day, so we're really hoping it is transitory and he's not headed back to the hospital any time soon. (Cold for Liam = pneumonia for Will, generally.) I can't wait for cold and flu season to give us at least a small break. It seems like we've all be sick for the past 100 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean with Will. If my boys get the most minor cold, it knocks me down for weeks.